Samsung 980 1TB Up to 3,500 MB/s PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8V1T0)
|Digital Storage Capacity||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Hard Drive|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Desktop|
|Hard Disk Size||1 TB|
- Sequential Read speeds up to 3,500MB/s. Performance varies based on system hardware and configuration
- Interface : PCIe 3.0 NVMe (PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4)
- Form Factor : M.2 (2280)
- 5-Year Limited Warranty or 600 TBW Limited Warranty. Up to 3,000 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware
- Designed for gamers, Mainstream PC users, Value maximizers
From the manufacturer
Upgrade to breathtaking NVMe speed
It’s time to maximize your PC’s potential with the 980. Whether you need a boost for gaming or a seamless workflow for heavy graphics, the 980 is the smart choice for outstanding SSD performance, and it’s all backed by an NVMe interface and PCIe 3.0 technology.
* The NVM Express design mark is a registered trade mark of NVM Express, Inc.
Packed with speed
Get right to it. The 980 harnesses nearly all the speed advantages of PCIe 3.0 through HMB technology and dramatic NVMe efficiency. The DRAM-less design delivers exceptional value, achieving breakneck sequential read/write speeds up to 3,500/3,000 MB/s*, over 6.2x the speed of SATA SSDs.
* Performance may vary depending on the SSD’s firmware version, system and hardware configuration. Performance measurements are based on IOmeter 1.1.0. The write performances were measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology activated. Intelligent TurboWrite operates only within a specific data transfer size. For detailed information, please contact your local service center * Test system configuration: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU – 4.00GHz,DDR4 2133MHz 8GBx2 OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asrock Z-170 Extreme7+ * Results are based on a comparison with Samsung SATA SSDs. * HMB (Host Memory Buffer) technology enables the SSD to use the DRAM of the host system for read/write caching and buffering.
Keep moving with Full Power Mode
Keep your SSD running at peak level for nonstop, consistent high performance with Full Power Mode. Switch it on through Samsung Magician software to always keep your SSD in active mode. Instantly jump right back to intensive work with huge files, graphics-heavy games, or even normal PC usage.
Built for the long run
Keep your files safe with an SSD that’s in it for the long haul. With up to 600 TBW, the 980’s optimized endurance comes with proven reliability thanks to Samsung’s in-house solutions, from the state-of-the-art controller to V-NAND and the latest firmware.
*TBW : Terabytes written * Warrantied TBW for 980: 150 TBW for 250GB model, 300 TBW for 500GB model, 600 TBW for 1TB model. * 5 years or TBW, whichever comes first.
Reliable thermal control
High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 uses nickel coating to help manage the controller’s heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
8.01 x 2.21 x 0.24 cm; 8 Grams
|Memory Storage Capacity||
|Flash Memory Installed Size||
|Flash Memory Type||
PCI Express 3.0
Solid state drive, Quick guide
|Data Transfer Rate||
3500 Megabits Per Second
|Country of Origin||
Republic of Korea
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.